[Tweeters] Browns Point Snow Bunting

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 23:40:14 PST 2017

The previously reported Snow Bunting by Michael Hobbs was easily located
close to the shed at the Browns Point Lighthouse at 4:30 PM today. It was
feeding on the ground with several Dark-eyed Juncos and two sparrows. Both
sparrows had white throats, but mainly gave me views of their backs in
waning light. Anybody looking for the Snow Bunting tomorrow, may want to
look at the sparrows, as they may be White-throated Sparrows.

The Harris's Sparrow at the 11th Street bridge in NE Tacoma, took a bit of
searching, but it was seen by several birders.

Any thoughts why we seem to see only single Snow Buntings in Western
Washington, when there are large flocks in Eastern Washington?

Good Birding!

Hans

--
*Hans Feddern*