[Tweeters] Bohemian Waxwings/Harris's Sparrow/Common Eider

Diane Weinstein Diane_Weinstein at msn.com
Sun Jan 15 19:17:24 PST 2017

Over the past several years after seeing reports of Bohemian Waxwings and Harris's Sparrows in the area, I have chased all over looking for them without success. My luck and timing always seemed to be off.

Finally today I got to see the Bohemian Waxwings at Magnuson Park and the Harris's Sparrow by Sikes Lake. Both were life birds for me and not only did I get to see them, I got really good looks.

Thinking that the birding gods were finally with me, I also tried for the Common Eider. I was at the site between 3 and 4 this afternoon, but did not have any luck. I am not complaining. Two out of three life birds in one day is not bad at all. Each new bird gets harder and harder.

Diane Weinstein

Issaquah