[Tweeters] McChord gyr

Bud Anderson falconresearch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 12:36:47 PST 2017

While it sounds wonderful that you are all enjoying this bird so much, I
have to comment that wild falcons and airfields do not traditionally mix
well.

Especially with jet aircraft landing and taking off close by on a regular
basis.

This rare and remarkable falcon could not have chosen a much worse place to
settle in. Good for birders/bad for bird.

Having worked on hawks at Sea-Tac for the last 17 years, I would say that,
in my opinion, this naive juvenile is definitely in peril.

But I certainly hope I am completely and utterly wrong on this one.

Bud Anderson