Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Dec 28 16:24:37 PST 2017

Tweets – it was warm and damp, but we didn’t get more than a little mizzle today, despite a threatening overcast. There was a bit of breeze that cleared the fog. It was not very birdy, and I felt quite a sense of accomplishment that we found as many species as we did.

Highlights:
a.. Greater White-fronted Goose – our lone adult seems to show up every week
b.. Cackling Goose – maybe 800, seemingly all “minimas”
c.. Greater Scaup – a handful, maybe with a Lesser or two
d.. Killdeer – around 25 – unusual for Marymoor this time of year
e.. Green Heron – found on the beaver lodge AGAIN
f.. Hairy Woodpecker – female across from Rowing Club dock
g.. CEDAR WAXWING – seven near East Kiosk – uncommon at best in Dec. at Marymoor
h.. Pine Siskin – three at Rowing Club; only 2nd sighting in the last 5 weeks
Matt heard NORTHERN SAW-WHET OWL and WESTERN SCREECH-OWL predawn, and saw a GREAT HORNED OWL as well. BARN OWL (2?) were seen from the Viewing Mound after 7am

For they day, on our last regular visit of 2017, we had 55 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com