[Tweeters] Re: California scrub jays at Agua Verde

Benjamin Pedigo benjamindpedigo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 10:08:25 PST 2017

Just wanted to chime in on the Scrub Jays as someone who frequents that
area - I have seen a pair of them in that area pretty much year round for
the last few years, but the 3rd and 4th birds are definitely new to me! Any
chance they are offspring?

There have also been a few times in the spring when I've seen the Scrub
Jays flying and almost hovering near the windows of Foege Hall (the big
glass building opposite Agua Verde). Could they have been going after House
Sparrow eggs/young? I know they have nests up there.

Ben Pedigo
Seattle, WA