[Tweeters] UW Redpolls

Karl Neice krneice at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 21:44:42 PST 2017

Glorious early Thursday afternoon just west of the Montlake Bridge and
south of UW Med Center in cool, pinched overcast, saw 90 or more Common
Redpolls massed in seed-laden birches above the cut. The flock created a
light seed cloud that temporarily mussed my binoculars. Thanks for that
heads-up. No redpolls to report at Green Lake when I arrived at the birches
on the east side of the lake at 2:15 pm. But personal best: Ebirded
Discovery Park, Commodore Park, UW Sakuma Viewpoint and Green Lake in one
day on a $1 senior Metro Pass. Could have gone to Montlake Fill too but not
enough daylight!