[Tweeters] Odd-looking Anna's

Byers byers345 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 20 11:55:07 PST 2017

Hi Tweeters,

The sun came out and for the first time in several days I
have some bird activity in my back yard. I took a few pictures of an Anna's
Hummingbird that was sunning itself. Then, when I looked at the pictures,
the bird looks quite odd. It looks like its outer row of feathers is
growing out from its little face at a funny angle. These feathers are all
gray, giving the bird a weird aspect. Is this just molting going on here?
Will this bird be handsome by next month?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29258421@N07/39180069581/in/dateposted-public/

I'd be interested to hear comments from those of you more
knowledgeable than I. Charlotte Byers, Edmonds