[Tweeters] Bridgeport CBC results

merdave at homenetnw.net merdave at homenetnw.net
Tue Dec 19 18:36:17 PST 2017

Hi, Everyone! We had a great count on the 15th. The weather was nice, and
almost no snow. There was some fog up high, but otherwise visibility was
good. This was our 22nd count and even though we only had 13 participants,
our total species of the day was our 3rd highest: 95. We added 3 new
species this year: Sandhill Crane, W. Screech Owl and W. Tanager. We had
a record setting high count for Sharp-tailed Grouse, with one flock of 45.
The next day the same flock was photographed, and yes, there were 45, but
an additional 6 flew in. Yes, this made some biologists extremely happy!
We have been known for our high counts of Coots, with the maximum being
the year we had 21,461, This year we had 9,250. David St. George visited
us from his home on Cortez Island to count our waterfowl, once again.
Thanks to all who helped. Meredith Spencer, Bridgeport