[Tweeters] Edmonds CBC

Byers byers345 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 17 19:41:01 PST 2017

Hello Tweeters,

Yesterday Bill and I had the pleasure and challenge of
participating in the Edmonds CBC. Our segments were three parks in Mill
Creek that we had never visited before. One in particular, McCollum Park,
is also the location of the headquarters of Adopt-a-Stream. We got to
explore their recently installed boardwalk. It's a truly beautiful area,
the boardwalk passing by ponds, a little stream and some very wet
woods/swamps. The birding here must be terrific at other times of year! If
you live in the area, try to go visit it sometime.

At the potluck dinner afterwards, all agreed that the
birding had been very quiet. That made me feel a bit better about not
having been able to get many birds to respond to pishing. Bill did his best
to records birds that we saw, but the light was gray and glaring, making
photography challenging to impossible. Out the pictures he took yesterday,
the four at the link below were the best.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29258421@N07/albums/72157689663135371

Charlotte Byers, Edmonds