[Tweeters] The Result of All those Condor Suggestions

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 21:56:49 PST 2017

When I asked the Tweeters Community about their suggestions on where best to see a California Condor earlier this year, the three top recommendations were the Grand Canyon, Pinnacles National Park and the Big Sur area of Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park in California.  My recent trip to California was spurred mostly by my desire to finally see one of these magnificent birds.  On the morning of November 30th, that dream was finally realized as three of these giants flew right over me in Nepenthe on Highway 1 in Big Sur.  Definitely the best moment of a wonderful 6 day trip.  Later that day I also saw the Garganey that was found at a small park in Santa Maria in Santa Barbara County, capping an amazing day.
Thanks again to all who responded to my RFI.  I have now proudly joined your club!!
My blog post on that incredible day is at
wordpress.com/post/blairbirding.wordpress.com/19867

blairbirding.wordpress.com - also posts on some later days of the trip
Good birding -- Blair Bernson