[Tweeters] Seattle Mountain Chickadees

pan panmail at mailfence.com
Sun Dec 10 20:09:04 PST 2017

Hi, Tweets,

The two Mountain Chickadees continue on the south side of Alki Point. I saw them, being fairly quiet but confiding, around 10:30 this morning in the pines at the southwestern corner of the water treatment building. I saw only one Black-capped with them, plus at least a couple Red-breasted Nuthatches in the area.

Testing luck, I then checked Martha Washington Park: Golden-crowned Sparrows, check, but no Harris's. I did see one slate-colored junco among the Oregons, and one brown Purple Finch eating native hawthorn fruits (or maybe seeds).

10 December, 2017,

Alan Grenon
Seattle