[Tweeters] Yellow-billed Loon at Point Hudson in Port Townsend

Duncan, Scot sduncan at bsc.edu
Sat Dec 9 21:34:35 PST 2017

Hi Tweeters,

Lonnie Somer and I did a marathon tour of coastal sites between Kingston and Port Townsend today. Best bird was a YELLOW-BILLED LOON seen at Point Hudson (which is within Port Townsend). Other highlights included an EARED GREBE at Fort Flagler State Park - Campground/Beach, and an estimated 50 ANCIENT MURRELETS (and Orcas!!) at Point Wilson Lighthouse. We ended the day with an EURASIAN WIGEON at Kah Tai Lagoon in Port Townsend. I’ll try to post more details soon, but wanted to get the word out about the loon.

Scot Duncan