[Tweeters] Samish Flats Falco

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 15:08:32 PST 2017

Steve and Connie Pink and I birded the Samish flats this afternoon quite thoroughly after the fog lifted.  We had dozens of Bald Eagles, 20+ Red Tails, 6+ Rough Legged Hawks, 10+ Northern Harriers, 6 Short Eared Owls and more than a dozen falcons.  Sadly no Gyrfalcon in spite of diligent searching but we had a Merlin in Edison, at least 4 Peregrines, maybe as many as 8 Kestrels and a Prairie Falcon perhaps 3/8 of a mile south of Sullivan Road viewed from Bayview Edison Road.  Also some mighty fine pastries at the Breadfarm.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android