[Tweeters] Green morph Pine Siskin at Seattle’s Martha Washington Park

Jeffrey Bryant jbryant_68 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 3 12:10:24 PST 2017

After checking the status of the Harris’ Sparrow this morning (still there,) I saw a flock of siskins fly into a tall maple just up Holly St. one was quite obviously different. When flock obligingly flew down to roost in a (much shorter) cherry tree above the driveway of 5545, joining several goldfinches and House Finches, I got much better looks. Back, rump, breast and sides a greenish yellow under the brown streaks. Brown cap and dark eyeline, but brow and cheek yellow. Never got a look at undertail to absolutely rule out even more exciting Eurasian Siskin, so...
This area has been very finchy of late, with all the aforementioned plus Purple Finches and a roving gang of crossbills. Another treat was a slate-colored junco today in the vicinity of the siskins.

Jeff Bryant
Seattle
jbryant_68 AT yahoo
Sent from my iPad