[Tweeters] Seattle Harris's Sparrow

pan panmail at mailfence.com
Sun Dec 3 08:41:41 PST 2017

The Harris's Sparrow in Martha Washington Park was reported again yesterday afternoon (12/2), but know it's not a given. I spent a couple hours in the rain yesterday morning, watching a dozen Golden-crowned Sparrows in the same spot described, just north along the trail from that tiny parking lot (and towhees, Song Sparrows, Fox Sparrow, House Finch, kinglets, creeper, two wren spp., ...) and didn't find it. I even had a low count of off-leash dogs (about ten, plus more leashed). I hadn't previously realized there's a stand of large native oaks there.

Good luck,

Alan Grenon
Seattle