[Tweeters] Carkeek Park Glaucous Gull

Lonnie Somer mombiwheeler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 14:58:31 PST 2017

Hi Tweeters,

The Glaucous Gull was still present at Carkeek Park (Seattle) at the
previously described spot with a couple of Glaucous-winged Gulls (almost
exactly where the Swallow-tailed Gull had been) when I arrived at about
1:30. Despite the steady downpour, several families were ignoring the rain
and enjoying themselves in typical Northwest fashion. A young boy with a
stick and an adult approached the gulls, causing them to move a bit further
away. The boy wasn't waving the stick or threatening the birds, but they
soon took wing, flying north along the beach, around 1:40. I managed to
get a few photos of the Glaucous Gull before it left, which I posted on
eBird.

Lonnie Somer
Seattle