[Tweeters] Cedar River duck!

Houston Flores houstonflores at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 11:57:11 PDT 2016

Hey Tweets,
I've received a few messages saying that the duck in the video is dabbling and therefore must be a dabbling duck, but according to multiple definitive resources, Aythya duck also dabble in shallow water, so I don't think this is a reliable field mark to rule out Aythya. Also, I wanted to add that this bird had very uniform brownish plumage, with unmarked feathers. Please feel free to add more commentary.
Good Migrations,
Houston FloresSeattle, WAhoustonflores AT hotmail.com