[Tweeters] Video of Cedar River Ayhtya online - links

Houston Flores houstonflores at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 07:36:58 PDT 2016

Good Morning Tweeterinos!
Here are some links to two different low quality videos of the as-of-yet unidentified Aythya duck seen yesterday at the mouth of the Cedar River. I know it is hard to get much plumage details from these videos but I would appreciate any feedback!
Some fieldmarks I noted yesterday were pale bluish tertials that contrasted with the plain brownish wings and body and also a plainish face with a conspicuous eye ring. I didn't make any notes on bill color, but recall it being darker. At the time, I passively identified it as a Redhead and didn't spend much time on it because I was short on time and was mostly looking for shorebirds.
Here are the links:
https://www.facebook.com/firecrown/videos/10101800386992090/

https://www.facebook.com/firecrown/videos/10101800349083060/
I looked at sightings of both Canvasback and Redhead on ebird and August sightings of both species is rare on the westside.
Good Migrations,
Houston FloresSeattle, WAhoustonflores AT hotmail.com