[Tweeters] Falcon killing gull

Dale C hartspass at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 11:02:13 PDT 2015

About 6 years ago I was observing a falcon nest on a river cliff in Yellowstone National Park. Toward evening another couple and I saw the female falcon riding a dead western gull down a depression on the cliff side. We did not actually see the hit but the event must have been just a second before we saw them sliding in losoe rock. It was just light enough the falcon struggling to bring the gull up to the nest. The next morning the gull was in pieces and up to the nest site where the falcon was feeding 3 chicks.