[Tweeters] Brown Pelican Cedar River Mouth Renton

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Sun Sep 27 12:31:20 PDT 2015

This morning I visited the Cedar River Mouth in Renton (King County). I was looking for shorebirds. Didn't see 1 shorebird. Not even a Killdeer. But at about 11:15AM a BROWN PELICAN flew in and landed. It swam and flew around the area for about 20 minutes. Then it took flight and flew high over Boeing, and toward Gene Coulon Park. It turned and flew once more toward the Cedar River Mouth, but then headed south out of sight. Pinch me.

I'll put up some pelican photos later today.

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com

PARKS ARE FOR EVERYONE