[Tweeters] Vaux's Happening

Larry Schwitters leschwitters at me.com
Sat Sep 26 08:52:35 PDT 2015

The Vaux’s Swift migration through Washington State was at least a week earlier than usual this year. We keep track of four major roost sites in Western Washington State where we documented about a third of a million roosting swifts this migration. Monroe Wagner barely still has swifts, 50-60. You can see most of them on your computer as of 8:45 AM at http://www.wildearth.tv/cam/vauxs-swifts <http://www.wildearth.tv/cam/vauxs-swifts>

It was bad year for Old Northern State. I blame it on the Merlins. It was a great year for JBLM, which still has over 3000. I blame that on the absence of Merlins. You can probably join Richard Repp at Yakima's Johnson’s Auto Glass tonight to say good night to a few hundred Vaux’s.

Wanna see some Detroit Chimney Swifts? They’ve been having 4,000 or so every night. http://www.wildearth.tv/cam/detroit-chimney-swifts <http://www.wildearth.tv/cam/detroit-chimney-swifts>

Wanna be a Vaux’s Happening hero? Go down to LA and find out where the swifts are now roosting.

Larry Schwitters
Issaquah