[Tweeters] Gull behavior in a crow?

Dave Tee crazydave65 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:23:33 PDT 2015

Hiya:

A crow appeared to be dropping a food item onto pavement to break it open as crows often do with bivalves. The item appeared to be a gall, and I assumed the bird was trying to get the larva that would have been inside. The bird dropped and picked up the item several times. I cannot be sure the bird was not just playing with whatever it was. I wonder if anyone has seen crows try to break stuff open to get at the inside.

Regards,