[Tweeters] E. PHOEBE near Sun Mt. Lodge

Scott scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 25 06:46:26 PDT 2015

Tweeters:

Last night returning from Sun Mt. Lodge to Winthrop I heard, and Brian Young (visiting from Ottawa) spotted an E. PHOEBE right along the road along the east side of Patterson Lake, which one passes just before entering the Sun Mt. Lodge property in Okanogan Co. His view was quite brief, but the bird caught an insect right next to the road and the vehicle. In addition, I heard what had to have been the same bird, about a half hour earlier, about 1/2 mile north of here, calling in cottonwoods right along the lake. At the former spot, I also had a late W. KINGBIRD.

At Sun Mt. Lodge, there was a late HOUSE WREN and N. PYGMY OWL; there were about 15 GRAY PARTRIDGE and I had one fleeting view of a DUSKY GROUSE that flushed near the horse corral at the back side of the flushed PARTRIDGES.

On September 23, we walked most of the Rainy Pass to Cutthroat Pass hike. Highlights included two LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS and a late BLACK SWIFT. The balance is posted to EBird.

On Sept. 22, leaving Seattle, there was a W. SCRUB-JAY almost literally right at the 45th and I-5 southbound ramp. Later in the day, a very late EASTERN KINGBIRD was seen just east of the Tualco Rd. access to the Crescent Lake WMA south of Monroe.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at Hotmail.com