[Tweeters] Leucistic chickadee

Sammy Catiis hikersammy at msn.com
Thu Sep 24 18:51:25 PDT 2015

It looks like in these photos at least, that this is a molt issue somewhat common with Chickadees.. rather than and Leucism on the first one.. however the second photo just a bit of 'pie-bald'. Not too uncommon. It would be interesting if this is molting or actual Pie-bald. The reason I question I guess, is only due to some species.. take the Eagle < horrible size/kind comparison.. the 2 1/2year molt leaves some Bald Eagles looking really pie-bald. Yet, this is a common occurrence. ? Just my thought. http://www.sammyclickit.com/Wildlife/Birds/Aging-Guides/i-SgXgtfh/A Here is an example of what I was thinking. ? Again, just a thought to add to the discussion.

Sammy
Arlington