[Tweeters] "tweet" call likely Swainson's Thrush

Barbara Deihl barbdeihl at comcast.net
Tue Sep 22 10:41:05 PDT 2015

This morning there was no "tweet", "twit" or other unknown call - just the zonky notes of a Golden-crowned Sparrow !

Thanks to Larry, Linda, Jim, Hal and Ellen, especially with Ellen's recording, I easily ID'd the sounds I'd been hearing to those of Swainson's Thrush, although Spotted Towhee, Bewick's Wren and Hutton's Vireo still might have twitted on one of those mornings I detected strange calls.

Barb Deihl
barbdeihl at comcast.net