[Tweeters] Island Girl Starts South from Baffin Island once again

Bud Anderson falconresearch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 23:10:22 PDT 2015

For those of you following the migration of this...well...wonderful adult
female peregrine, she left Baffin Island once again on Saturday heading for
Chile. This is the seventh migration south (fourteen legs in all) that we
have been able to follow her via a remarkably long lived solar powered
GPS-enabled satellite transmitter.

On her very first day of migration this fall, she left Baffin, crossed the
Hudson Strait and flew all the way across Hudson Bay, a distance of 1228 km
(763 miles) mostly over open water. On her first day.....

You can follow her daily migration at www.frg.org under Southern Cross
Peregrine Project. Click on Island Girl and maps or blog. Contact me if you
have trouble figuring it out.

Thanks once again to all of the FRG members that made this happen through
their kind donations before we even knew what Kickstarter was.

Enjoy..

--
Bud Anderson
Falcon Research Group