[Tweeters] Baird's sandpipers at Shillipoo Lake, Shillipoo WMA, Clark Co, WA

Bob rflores_2 at msn.com
Mon Sep 21 18:20:22 PDT 2015

Good to be back in town😃 I went out to Vancouver Lake and found about 1000 cackling geese roosting with a few gulls in the small bay near the Flushing Channel. Also of note 6 greater yellowlegs and a unidentified small tern. It just got away from me.

I then went to Shillipoo Lake and found the best shorebird habitat I know of in the county. The result two shorebirds, not even a killdeer?, both Baird's. Also had 11 white-fronted geese and 12 American pipit.

The wind was blowing strong and I had hoped I would not have slept in.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA