[Tweeters] RUFF at blood pond, Dodd rd, Walla Walla Co.

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Mon Sep 21 12:48:25 PDT 2015

Hello all,
River was low enough for mud this morning so I ventured out - but the hunting over the weekend scared most of the waterfowl and shorebirds off the delta and 2Rivers. So I checked the blood pond and found a RUFF - #250 for our county yearlist, 4th record for WWCo. The AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER is still present as well along with 2 Black-necked Stilts, 3 Red-necked Phalaroped, many yellowlegs, snipe, 7 Pectoral Sandpipers and more. Photos at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/m-ml_wallawalla/

PLEASE REMEMBER: PARK WAY OFF ROAD AND STAY OUT OF THE WAY OF TRUCKERS IF YOU HEAD UP DODD ROAD - VERY BUSY ROAD. And do NOT attempt to cross fence - we don't want to lose access to this area. Thank You

At Penninsula HMU were thousands of coots, wigeon and other waterfowl - out in the middle. And on the spit were 39 COMMON TERNS with another 20 in the air to the south - amazing to see! Hoping for jaeger but didn't see any - could have watched the bird activity all day out there but duty calls!

Good birding, ML