[Tweeters] morning "tweet" calls ???

Barbara Deihl barbdeihl at comcast.net
Mon Sep 21 07:08:18 PDT 2015

For maybe a month now I've been hearing a bird call that I don't recognize Usually it has seemed to be the call of one bird, moving about in my yard (woodsy), but this morning, at around 6 a.m., there were 2 of these birds calling, one right after another, and again, moving through the property. I can never find the source bird(s). Some friends up the street have also been hearing these single "tweet" calls, around dawn, and asked me if I knew which kind of bird was emitting this new-to-them sound. The call is literally a quick, distinct "tweet" - it goes up slightly at the end of the call.
Anyone know or have a guess as to what this bird might be ? Or can anyone suggest a site or way to search for it online or with a phone app ?
Would appreciate any thoughts or tips :-)

Barb Deihl
barbdeihl at comcast.net