Fwd: [Tweeters] Owl attack, why now?

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 14:18:17 PDT 2015

Thanks for bringing this up! I was going to mention it myself, but I didn't want to appear ignorant by linking two phenomena that weren't related... :)

I've been hearing Robins, a Varied Thrush and even a Townsend's Warbler sing in the past week! I believe I read somewhere that there is a specific name for this photoperiod-related behavior, but I haven't found it yet.

I don't believe that the Anna's Hummingbirds quite fit into this phenomenon (they're territorial throughout the season), but I could be wrong. Who says hummingbirds are exempt, anyways?

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com