[Tweeters] Colman Field Cedar Waxwings and Scrub-Jays

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 19 20:07:05 PDT 2015

Hey tweets!

Watching my daughter play soccer this morning at Colman Field in Seattle, I got a treat as 200 or more Cedar Waxwings circled the play field. I mentioned to my wife that it was more than I'd seen in one place. She asked if they were telling us there was an earthquake coming, and I told her it just meant berries. When we crossed the field, suspicions were confirmed, but I don't know what kind of tree it was! It had waxy, slightly serrated leaves and purple berries. Lots of purple berries!

There were also at least three Western Scrub-Jays in the area. I know they're not as uncommon as they used to be, but it was just fun to find them bunched together.

Happy birding!

-Tim Brennan
Renton