[Tweeters] Phoebe (?) at Juanita Bay Park

Brenda Burnett beaknbird at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 19 17:33:28 PDT 2015

Has anyone else seen a Phoebe at JBP? I was there this morning, birding along the westernmost boardwalk, and saw a very phoebe-like flycatcher perched on a willowy shrub. It pumped its tail the whole 1-2 minutes I watched it. It looked like the Say's/Eastern Phoebe photos (as opposed to Black Phoebe)...I suppose in this area is would more likely be a Say's. I didn't see any wash of color on the belly--very pale breast and belly. Anyone else see such a thing?

Brenda Burnett
West Seattle
Beaknbird at hotmail.com