[Tweeters] Birds vs. Boats

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 11:36:27 PDT 2015

I scoped Edmonds waters this morning from Sunset Avenue. There wasn’t much out there but I did notice a line of Western Grebes in the far offshore waters. I counted around 120 birds. Then I decided to count the fishing boats I could see. Over 260 out there. Do any salmon make it to spawning streams? So I went back to looking at the grebes again and saw some additional strings of them even farther out. I estimated them at about 350. Maybe there were more grebes than boats.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds