[Tweeters] Edmonds Scrub Jay

Jeff Gibson gibsondesign at msn.com
Thu Sep 10 20:00:23 PDT 2015

This is a road report from Corporeal Gibson of the Edmonds Highway Patrol.
At approximately 1300 hours today (9/10/15) I had a fly-by sighting of a Scrub Jay along Olympic View Drive just north of 524. Actually I was driving, it was the bird that was flying - right in front of my official little truck - as I was booping down the road. That was neat.
I should note that I'm not a real law enforcement officer, so I was unable to ticket the bird for crossing the road illegally. You see, corporeal just means I have a body, not a badge like maybe a corporal might have.
I was trying to explain this to a birder on the ferry, who wasn't quite catching my drift.
"Hey, have you gotten any reports of Brown Booby sightings !" he asked excitedly, still thinking I was a cop. I admitted I hadn't.
"Normally those reports go to the Vice Squad" I replied ,"and I don't talk to those guys so much - they've got a lot of weird ideas about sightings like that, and I'm not sure the Vice Squad has their priorities straight half the time, if not a lot more".
Whatever. Didn't see no booby, but hey, the Scrub Jay was for real.
Jeff Gibson, EHP"to swerve and protect"On the Road, somewhere.