[Tweeters] Greater White-fronted Geese

wong chupaflor at igc.org
Thu Sep 10 12:42:37 PDT 2015

Hi Tweets,

This is a bit of a belated post about some birding in S.King County on Labor Day.

I know that the Greater White-fronted Goose shows up in spots here and there during Fall months. Right about on schedule, we watched a flock of about 6 of these geese fly into an area in the Kent Valley. They landed in a pond right next to St. Patrick's cemetery.

We also birded the mouth of the Cedar River and saw a nice assortment of birds. Among others, we watched a Bald Eagle lunching, Blue-winged and Green-winged Teal, one Common Yellowthroat clinging to a chain link fence while it decided where to move next, and very close-up views of a Green Heron fishing along the shore. Thanks to Jim Flynn for finding these birds as we arrived on the scene.

Impressive showing of birds within just a couple of hours of birding in this part of the county.

good birding,
isadora wong
seattle, wa
chupaflor at igc.org