[Tweeters] Chestnut-sided Warbler - a belated NO

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 11:18:56 PDT 2015

Hello Tweets,

Just wanted to say that I got to Discovery Park yesterday, but left warblerless, as did everyone else yesterday. That isn't to say that there weren't any warblers - I saw Black-throated Gray, Townsend's, Yellow and Orange-crowned at Kansas Avenue and Utah Wetland, and the latter two at other spots in the park - but the Chessie (as my eastern friends call them) just wasn't around to be seen.

I lucked into the Warbler-flycatcher mixed flock at the described spot along Kansas Avenue, and I was entertained by all the warblers and a couple flycatchers. Cedar Waxwings, Song Sparrows Pileated Woodpeckers, two vocal Hutton's Vireos and a Swainson's Thrush shared the forest as well.

I saw my FOS Ruby-crowned Kinglet in the Utah Wetland, and a sparrow under some raspberries that looked sort of like a Fox from the glimpses I got, but not enough to confirm. Winter sure is on its way, isn't it?

I also had a Red-tailed Hawk sail over Kansas Avenue. That was cool.

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.con