[Tweeters] Montlake fill (Seattle) game bird? 9/6/2015

Chris Dallara sciguy007 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 21:36:58 PDT 2015

I've been to Montlake Fill and other Seattle hotspots numerous times and
have never seen anything like the bird in the album linked below. I didn't
see it in flight, but a friend that was with us said it was flying and
landed about 20 feet away from her, which is where I was able to snap
photos. We were near the southeast corner of the large pond along the
southern portion of the waterfront trail at about 2pm on Sunday. It was
crow-sized or a bit larger and looks like a game bird to me, but i don't
see any records in eBird for any of those. Can anyone help identify this?

https://imgur.com/a/usk2j

Chris
Seattle, WA