[Tweeters] Band-tailed pigeons

Martha Jordan mj.cygnus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 13:24:55 PDT 2015

Thanks to all who wrote privately about the band-tails using my lawn.
Likely the rain caused more bugs than usual to come up, especially the crane fly larvae. At the moment 27 of them are busy breaking my seed budget by cleaning out the feeders of black oil sunflower seeds.

And the other interesting fact is that at least one has learned that when the feeders are empty and I am in my home office, they fly up and gently bang the window, slide down and hang on to the sill, then fly back to the top of the feeder. Repeat this until I come out to fill it up yet again.

Martha Jordan
Everett, WA