[Tweeters] Re: band-tailed pigeons

Martha Jordan mj.cygnus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 21:21:12 PDT 2015

For many years I have had band-tailed pigeons coming to my front yard feeder
for black oil sunflower seeds. There have been between 5 and 30 that come
on a daily basis.
Today I noticed them flying into my back yard and landing on the grass. They
immediately went to work pecking for food. Two Northern flickers joined
them. They stayed for about 15 minutes then all flew off.

Has anyone observed this type of feeding for this species? Why now after so
many years of not going into the back yard?

I hope they keep coming back.

Martha Jordan
Everett, WA