[Tweeters] Another Intergrade Flicker

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 20:26:00 PDT 2015

Good evening Tweets,

Just uploaded four shots of the male intergrade Flicker I saw in my yard today! He'll be on eBird soon too.

Here's the album:
https://flickr.com/photos/132642556@N03/sets/72157657785965550

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com

PS Thanks Christine Southwick for the response! I would say that the pure Yellow-shafteds come from further north, as they're the subspecies that spans most of Canada (except for the Pacific coast up to southern Alaska, which still gets Red-shafteds) and all of the United States east of the Rockies.

I had a pure male Yellow-shafted in my yard a couple winters ago! I just need to find my blurry documentation pic to upload. A great surprise for a school morning! :)