[Tweeters] Another Intergrade Flicker

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:16:11 PDT 2015

Hello Tweets,

Just one hour ago, a male flicker was feeding at our suet. On a whim, I took a second look through my binoculars, and lo and behold - he was an Intergrade! He had the Red-shafted Flicker's red malar, but the heart-shaped red nape mark was thin but visible.

I got a few pictures, which I will upload to Flickr later and post a link. I look forward to learning more about the status and occurrence of these birds in Puget Sound! There are mysteries and curiosities around us everyday.

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com