[Tweeters] Your two cents

Connie Sidles constancesidles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 07:56:12 PDT 2015

Hey tweets, the Washington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is seeking input from the public about what its priorities should be for the next several years. They are going around the state holding meetings this month and next (email me privately for more info), and they will take email input until Oct. 31 at: WildFuture at dfw.wa.gov <mailto:WildFuture at dfw.wa.gov>

I urge you to send in your two cents' worth and make a plug for habitat preservation as the top priority. This kind of solicitation for public viewpoint is one of those few times when your voices will be heard. Once a plan is in place, if your interests have been left out or if you think birds and bird-watching have not been given enough weight, it's too late.

Even a simple statement such as: I use our state lands to go birding, and I want them managed for species diversity and especially preservation of habitat for endangered and at-risk birds; would be helpful.

I would also urge you to spread the word to other community groups you know might care about this. The more WDFW hears from environmentalists, the more likely they are to incorporate the needs of wildlife (as opposed to the needs of people) into their plans. - Connie, Seattle

constancesidles at gmail.com