[Tweeters] Winter hummingbird feeding

Mike DeRosa mike at nwsm.biz
Mon Nov 30 13:15:19 PST 2015

I have a family of Ana's that live at my place year round. On freezing
nights I bring my feeders in and I make sure I put them out before
daylight. On the days that do not reach above freezing I will tape a couple
of hand warmers to the bottom of the feeders to keep them thawed all day. I
think the hummingbirds enjoy the extra warmth during the cold days and they
will sit on the feeder soaking up the heat from the hand warmers. I buy a
big box of hand warmers at Costco and they will normally last a couple of
years.

*Thanks,*
*Mike DeRosa*