[Tweeters] Greenlake Waterfowl

Alissa Hartman hartman.alissa at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 00:02:59 PST 2015

Saturday was very sunny and birdy on the lake and though I didn’t have my
binoculars, I saw my fair share. Everyone was out fishing, including the
humans. I think I prefer fall and winter when it comes to ducks. Here are
the highlights:

American Coot
Western Grebe
Pied-billed Grebe
Common Merganser
Hooded Merganser
Common Goldeneye
American Wigeon
Double Crested Cormorants

I found that the coots get pretty bold when they think you’re going to
share your snack with them. Several of them walked right up to me while I
was eating my jerky and I got a nice close look at their crazy feet.

No eagles or osprey today. Maybe next time.

Alissa
Seattle, WA