[Tweeters] Dark morph RLHA at Eide Rd

Dasha Gudalewicz dasha at gudalewicz.com
Sat Nov 28 01:14:54 PST 2015

Tweeters,

I birded Eide Road today. Many Short-eared Owls and Northern Harriers. I hoped for some interesting sparrows but only saw Song, Fox, Savannah, Lincoln’s and Spotted Towhee. Western Meadowlarks all over the place, and some of them are singing. Nice!
Young Northern Shrike was being swooped at by Barn Swallow and adult Bald Eagle being dive-bombed by Peregrine Falcon.

But the most interesting bird to me was dark morph Rough-legged Hawk that I briefly saw when the sun almost set. There was at least one light morph, too, but that’s the dark morph we don’t see all that often.
I snatched a photo, had to lighten it a lot:
https://ololaiki.smugmug.com/Animals/Birds/Hawks-and-Vultures/Rough-legged-Hawk-2013-2014/i-RxCrBvp/A

Hope somebody else would spot it.
Happy birding,

--