[Tweeters] White-throated Sparrow, Umtanum Creek, Kittitas County

Walter Szeliga walter.szeliga at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 14:32:25 PST 2015

Dear Tweeters,
I went for a short, and very cold walk today (11/27) across the suspension bridge at Umtanum Creek in the Yakima Canyon. It was birdier than I expected, but there were few unusual birds: plenty of Juncos and Varied Thrush, a lone singing Canyon Wren and a few Bewick’s Wren. The highlight however, was a white-striped, adult White-throated Sparrow feeding with the Junco’s (including one male Cassiar) in the parking lot. White-throated Sparrow seems to be reported about once a year at this location, but I had never been able to track one down.

Cheers,
Walter Szeliga
Ellensburg, WA