[Tweeters] Poulsbo to Shilshole seabirds

stan willey steamboatwilleys at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 22:20:41 PST 2015

Took my boat from Poulsbo to Shilshole Bay Marina (and back) today (monday) to buy some stove oil, and saw the following bird species on the 26 mile round trip:  Common murre, common loon, red-necked grebe, western grebe, horned grebe, bufflehead, surf scoter, pigeon guillemot, long-tailed duck, dbl crested cormorant, pelagic cormorant, Barrow's goldeneye, belted kingfisher, glaucous-winged gull, herring gull, Bonaparte's gull, red-breasted and common merganser, mew gull.  Nothing unusual, but a nice variety for one day.  there are a lot of small herring present; more than I can remember seeing lately, and that would account for there being lots of seabirds present.  Oh, yeah.  Don't forget the great blue heron that hangs out on my dock daily.  He's eating high on the hog these days.
Stan Willeystanwilley.ifp3.com