[Tweeters] Eider Question; plus: We Mess with Texas!

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 19:34:53 PST 2015

Hi all,
Josh Glant gave me way too much credit implying I was able to identify the crabs (but thanks Josh!)  the gorgeous life-bird-for-me Queen Eider was eating Saturday.  Marcus Roenig identified them as Shore Crabs, would that be Green Shore Crabs or Purple Shore Crabs or even another species?   As I try to brush up on Crabs to do a poster, I am astonished at how thin the info on them is on the internet, most of Wikipedia articles on the various species are stubs, for instance and zero books on crabs that I can find at Bezos Books here in Seattle.

In other news Brian Pendleton, Delia and I are just back from a trip to the Rio Grande Valley, which I am calling the Great We Mess with Texas birding trip of 2015.    This blog is recommended by 9 out of 10 Doctors for any Northwesterner currently suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD.)
Here's the link:

http://ednewbold.com/we-mess-with-texas/
Thanks all, best wishes,

Ed Newbold