[Tweeters] Re: Mystery duck in Tacoma off Ruston Way Date: Sat Nov 21 2015

John Riegsecker jriegsecker at pobox.com
Sat Nov 21 17:55:58 PST 2015

Last year Christopher Clark reported an an odd bird off Ruston Way:

http://mailman1.u.washington.edu/pipermail/tweeters/2015-April/108199.html

If you click on the link to his photos you will have to scroll down a
ways to find them. He later posted a conclusion after apparently
talking with folks that it was a Goldeneye x Hooded Merganser cross.

http://mailman1.u.washington.edu/pipermail/tweeters/2015-April/108303.html

Looking at the photos, particularly the eyes, it could have been a
juvenile. Could this be the same bird in adult plumage?

--
John Riegsecker