[Tweeters] Notes from Roy: 11-20-2015 - Pasture Pond

Denis DeSilvis avnacrs4birds at outlook.com
Fri Nov 20 21:29:11 PST 2015

Tweeters,

The "Pasture Pond" is an area across from my home at Roy, WA, that fills in
with water after heavy or long periods of rain. This past week, the "pond"
began to fill in after Sunday, November 15th, and grew to be what I believe
to be about 15 acres in size following heavy rain on Tuesday and Wednesday
Nov 17/18. I scoped the pond in mid-afternoon today because duck hunters
will likely be active this coming weekend. Notable sightings include the
following: EURASIAN WIGEON (first I've seen at the area around my home); 22
HOODED MERGANSERS; 1 PIED-BILLED GREBE; and 3 WOOD DUCKS (a high count).

Wood Duck 4 At north edge of pond

Eurasian Wigeon 1

American Wigeon 60

Mallard 30